Monday, April 12, 2010

Goals Geekery

One of the most important lessons I've learned in my efforts to set and reach goals is that you need to keep them in front of you at all times. If you don't, well, as Aslan tells Jill in The Silver Chair,
I give you a warning. Here on the mountain I have spoken clearly: I will not often do so down in Narnia. Here on the mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind. And the signs which you have learned here will not look at all as you expect them to look, when you meet them there. There is why it is so important to know them by heart and pay no attention to appearances.
Life has a way of distracting you from your goals. In an act of total goals geekery, I've found a way to use my drive time to strengthen my pursuit of my goals.

First, as I go through Brian Tracy's book on goals, I write my answers to his thought exercises at the end of each chapter in a document on my PC. I spent a tiny amount and bought an account on SpokenText.com. It converts my written document into speech and creates an MP3 for me to download. I do so and copy it over to my Droid. On the way to and from work, a couple times a week, I listen to my goals document. The results have been fantastic. (Here's why.)

No comments: