Sleep is sometimes an elusive creature for me. I typically wake up around 4 or so and that's when I blog. Yesterday I managed to sleep in and didn't have time to write my normal Wednesday World of Good post. Yesterday was a big off-site meeting at work followed by a social. By the time I got home, I just didn't feel like blogging. I sat down and fiddled around for a while, but just wasn't motivated to do a thing. Ironically, that lack of inspiration inspired today's Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen things I do when I don't feel like doing anything.
1. Play Age of Empires. I've played the thing a zillion times and I understand the mathematics of the game. It's now a contest to see how fast I can win. It's mindless fun.
2. Watch football. I Tivo NFL games on the weekend and then watch them during the week.
3. (Off topic.) Man, the Vikings got their brains beaten out on Monday!
4. Sift through the programs Tivo thinks I want to see. Sometimes I get some cool History Channel stuff or some old movie I've never heard of. Most of it is just junk.
5. Hang out with our Maximum Leader. She likes to just be near you. She prefers it if neither of us are doing anything. Cat therapy, as it were. The world slows down when you're with her like this.
6. (Off topic.) Our Maximum Leader.
7. Take a walk. Here in San Diego the weather always cooperates. The neighborhood has some beautiful houses. I get jealous of their landscaping. Mine is just crawling along towards completion.
8. Surf my favorite blogs. The Feline Theocracy always has something interesting to read.
9. Read. I'm reading some old Larry Niven science fiction right now. For a long time I was on a World War I kick.
10. Make lists of things I need to do. This makes me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. It's a false high. :-)
11. Surf the blogosphere randomly and comment on blogs I've never visited before. Sometimes this gets return visits and generates new relationships.
12. Putter around the house. The clutter in my house anticipates the entropy death of the Universe.
13. Nothing. It's too late in the day for coffee and there just isn't anything worth doing. The view out my bedroom window is outstanding. Whether it's the sunsets, the evening lights or the action on Mission Bay during the day, it's restorative to just take it all in.
There. That's my list. Fortunately, I don't have to use it very often. If you want to add one or two of your own, drop them in the comments.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Technorati tags: Thursday+thirteen