Saturday, January 01, 2011

Tidepool Forest

Here's my first relatively decent footage from the local tidepools using my new Kodak PlaySport. I love the PlaySport - it's everything I'd hoped it would be. I've got some lessons learned from this exercise that I'll blog later. For now, here's the video. Try it in HD mode, perhaps even full screen. I love the veil of bubbles that comes up about a third of the way through. I'm anxious to hear what you've got to say after you watch it. There aren't any critters in the thing, so don't be disappointed that it's all flora and no fauna.

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

The image quality is very good. How did you get it so rock-steady?

And did any passers-by ask why you were ducking your camera in the water?

K T Cat said...

Tim, I'm really happy with the results, too. Camera stability is achieved with a flexible tripod. You set up the camera underwater, start it filming and walk away for a while.