Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen, Laziness Edition

Sleep is sometimes an elusive creature for me. I typically wake up around 4 or so and that's when I blog. Yesterday I managed to sleep in and didn't have time to write my normal Wednesday World of Good post. Yesterday was a big off-site meeting at work followed by a social. By the time I got home, I just didn't feel like blogging. I sat down and fiddled around for a while, but just wasn't motivated to do a thing. Ironically, that lack of inspiration inspired today's Thursday Thirteen.

Thirteen things I do when I don't feel like doing anything.

1. Play Age of Empires. I've played the thing a zillion times and I understand the mathematics of the game. It's now a contest to see how fast I can win. It's mindless fun.

2. Watch football. I Tivo NFL games on the weekend and then watch them during the week.

3. (Off topic.) Man, the Vikings got their brains beaten out on Monday!

4. Sift through the programs Tivo thinks I want to see. Sometimes I get some cool History Channel stuff or some old movie I've never heard of. Most of it is just junk.

5. Hang out with our Maximum Leader. She likes to just be near you. She prefers it if neither of us are doing anything. Cat therapy, as it were. The world slows down when you're with her like this.

6. (Off topic.) Our Maximum Leader.


7. Take a walk. Here in San Diego the weather always cooperates. The neighborhood has some beautiful houses. I get jealous of their landscaping. Mine is just crawling along towards completion.

8. Surf my favorite blogs. The Feline Theocracy always has something interesting to read.

9. Read. I'm reading some old Larry Niven science fiction right now. For a long time I was on a World War I kick.

10. Make lists of things I need to do. This makes me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. It's a false high. :-)

11. Surf the blogosphere randomly and comment on blogs I've never visited before. Sometimes this gets return visits and generates new relationships.

12. Putter around the house. The clutter in my house anticipates the entropy death of the Universe.

13. Nothing. It's too late in the day for coffee and there just isn't anything worth doing. The view out my bedroom window is outstanding. Whether it's the sunsets, the evening lights or the action on Mission Bay during the day, it's restorative to just take it all in.

There. That's my list. Fortunately, I don't have to use it very often. If you want to add one or two of your own, drop them in the comments.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati tags:

17 comments:

Caylynn said...

Those are all good things to do when you don't feel like doing anything. I'd subsitute "Civ IV" for "Age of Empires" and hockey for football though. ;)

Thanks for stopping by and happy T13. :)

Darla said...

If I'm really bored, I play solitaire on the computer until my mouse hand hurts.

Or there's always reading cookbooks or looking up recipes online for things that sound great, but that I'd never make.

Tink said...

Laziness perhaps, but a great idea for a TT!
Thanks for visiting my TT!

K T Cat said...

Fantasizing about recipes is a good one, too. I've just started trying to learn Indian cooking. My spice rack needs some serious work. They use very unique ingredients.

bernie said...

Thanks for surfing the blogosphere randomly and commenting on my blog.

I linked to you from my TT 13 Stupid Things that really annoy me

K T Cat said...

Thanks, Bernie!

tiggerprr said...

thanks for stopping by MY scratching post! :) great list! I'd sub my World of Warcraft for your Age of Empires.

I used to live in the San Diego area, it's so beautiful there. I'm all the way on the other coast now. it's nice..but not as pretty for sure.

Tammy said...

Those are all great things to do.. I do the same thing with the list of things to do LOL.. I sit here and make a list of all the stuff I need to get done around the house and for some reason it makes me feel like I accomplished something! LOL

May said...

I do too many of the same things.

Carmen said...

there's nothing like kitty therapy! Or fuzz therapy as I call it.

Kukka-Maria said...

Don't you just love replaying games you've mastered? I almost feel guilty breezing through it for speed.

Almost. ;)

Sue said...

Great list. I love to surf on the internet when I have "nothing" to do. Thanks for stopping by my Blog.

Southern Girl said...

I do several of those myself! Except at this time of year when I rarely don't have something to do...now, in mid summer when basketball season is over and there's only boring baseball on...then I have rely on my list of things to do. ;)

Tizzie said...

Great list.......I also randomly surf the blogosphere.........if only because someones life must be as dull as mine. I also watch Buffy, or change my blog template when I'm bored and cant be bothered!

Happy TT

Tiffany said...

Great list! I haven't played Age of Empires, but I played Age of Mythology and I was hooked on that for a while.

Thanks for stopping by my TT! Have a great day :D

Anna Mary said...

Maximum leader.. That's hilarious!!!! Funny list! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I love tuxedo cats! I obviously don't feel like doing anything right now, so I'm taking your advice and leaving comments. Cheers!