Sunday, July 25, 2021

I'm Facing Infractions

 ... even though I'm not really sure what that means.

On the weekends, I take the two Catican Guards to a local San Diego Transit open-air parking structure to run around. It's four stories of practically empty space and they love to romp around off their leashes. The top two floors are still closed because of Rona infestations. You know how dangerous respiratory viruses are in an uninhabited, outdoor, well-ventilated space.

Science!

Anyway, being rebels at heart, we walk right past the warning signs and use those two floors anyway. I noticed the sign below today and its message struck ... well, if not fear, then confusion in my heart.

Breaking the rules means you will be subject to breaking the rules!

Wait, what?

4 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

That message is brought to you by the same geniuses that want to charge us $0.02 per mile when we drive on the roads we’ve paid to build.

I actually had a short discussion with one of my liberal friends Wednesday when this came up. The discussion went like this...

Him: “Two cents a mile isn’t that much and they can use it to fix the roads.”

Me: “We already pay the highest gas tax in the nation to ‘fix the roads’ and the roads still [stink]. Besides, two cents a mile is a lot more than you think. Can I ask how many likes a gallon you get in your car?”

Him: “I don’t know. Maybe 20 to 25 miles per gallon.”

Me: “At 20 miles per gallon there will be an additional 40 cents based on the two cents per mile, and it’s 50 cents per gallon at the better mileage. So tell me again how that two cents a mile ‘isn’t so much’.”

The conversation ended rather abruptly at that point.

Dean said...

Progressive economic policy nearly always regressive effects.

WC Varones said...

I always knew you were a libertarian at heart!

K T Cat said...

This theoretical mathematician city boy from Massachusetts has one thing to say to you, WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

;-)