Friday, June 25, 2021

The School Boards Hate Hate

If you haven't seen some of the school board meeting videos, where parents and kids try to get through to the educrats that they don't want to group people by race, they're quite illuminating. Here's a snippet from a recent one.

It hit me yesterday that what is happening across the country, including where I work*, is a dialog like this.

Parent: Please stop teaching our children to group people by race.

Educrat: We're fighting racism!

Parent: But what you're doing is racist.

Educrat: You're full of hate and racism!

Parent: Do you know my name?

Educrat: I don't need to know you to know you're racist! I am fighting hate!

Parent: But I don't care about race at all. I treat everyone equally.

Educrat: THAT'S RACIST! 

The parents are trying to let the educrats know they're not racist and their kids shouldn't be taught to see race as a big deal. The educrats, convinced that racism is everywhere, are telling the parents, who they wouldn't recognize if they passed them on the street, that we must all fight racism.

Since the educrats aren't racist and their allies can't be racist, then the parents must be the racists. But the parents are objecting to the curricula because it's racist. 

Everyone is on the same side, but the educrats are too dense to see it.

* - I don't work in the education industry, but dialog with our HR groups is very similar to this.

No comments: