Tuesday, January 19, 2021

We Need Large-Print Format Arduino Boards!

... and we need them now!

I practiced a little more with my Arduino starter kit and I think I know enough to be able to make a time-lapse camera. I bought a camera module yesterday and it should arrive today. I won't have time to build it until next weekend.

The first version will simply take a picture on command and hand the resulting jpg to the attached computer. Getting the Arduino to talk to the network or store the information on a memory card is a bridge too far right now. All in good time, my pretty, all in good time.

Meanwhile, I discovered that the worst thing about playing with the Arduino is that I can barely see the connections on the thing, even wearing my cheaters. If I wear the cheaters long enough and look back and forth at different focal lengths, I get nauseous. Blargh! It's a spur to drive me to finish this sickening project faster.

Me, a few years from now when I've managed to successfully grow and process tobacco. Note that by this time, I can no more read the book in my hand than I can fly to the moon.

Elsewhere in the realm of nausea, it turns out that there's such a thing as multiracial whiteness. That's going to be a boon for the grievance industry as it substantially expands the number of potential oppressors. It ought to be good for lifetime employment for those grifters, or at least until people rediscover that bad grades, jail time and low income are behavioral markers.

Kipling's works are evergreen. That's a sign of true, classical genius.

4 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

The proper response to “multiracial whiteness” is to insist that “Multiracial Black Lives Matter”. And once everyone agrees that all features are multi-gendered multi-racial and multi-fill_in_the_blank, then maybe we can stop the obsession over our minimal differences and get back to insisting that everyone deserves free speech, freedom of religion, “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”, and we will stop judging people by the color of their skin but rather the content of their character.

tim eisele said...

I find that fixed magnifiers, like the magnifying glass on a "third hand[1]", an illuminated magnifier on an articulated arm[2], or a dissecting scope[3], are much less nausea-inducing than magnifiers that you actually wear. I think that with a fixed magnifier, the brain just interprets it as yet another object to look at, rather than a general change in your entire view of the world.

[1] https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/1200x900/291-01.jpg
[2] https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/6MNU1_AS02?hei=536&wid=536&$adapimg$=
[3] https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71neIpDGQoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg




One Brow said...

There has always been a tension between accommodationists and revolutionaries, those who wanted to join the systemic racism and those who opposed it, for example, the notions of Washington vs. DuBois. Putting a fancy moniker like "multiracial whiteness" on it doesn't change the underlying behavior.

IlĂ­on said...

=="Kipling's works are evergreen. That's a sign of true, classical genius."==

He's a dead white male, ergo even more "problematic" than that leftist shill above.