Thursday, January 07, 2021

It's Time To Accept The Results Of The Election

... and the results are that a ton of people believe the election was rigged. Because it was specifically designed to be untrustworthy, it's impossible to convince them that the election was fair and proper.

So now we have unrest in DC that represents only a slight fragment of the population who think the election was stolen. Fair enough. This was what some of our leaders wanted and now we have it. There's no point in worrying about it or relitigating the thing. It's over and done and we need to get on with our lives.

That leads to this question: How far away from a major metropolitan area do you need to move in order to be safe? Me, I'm going to use the drug addict homeless population as my marker. As long as I don't see them where I work, live or shop, I should be OK. It's not that they're the ones who will riot, it's that they are fellow travelers with the loons.

I'm hoping Tim can give me the word for creatures who don't have a truly symbiotic relationship with one another, yet always appear together.

A car in one of the parking lots at Mission Bay Park. It's been there for a while now. People live in it. I've been going there for 35 years and have always felt safe. I took our kids there when they were little. Last week, wife kitten and I got tacos and came to MB to eat. We got up and left after a couple of druggies staggered by our picnic table. We gave one of them some of our food, but she was so blasted that she didn't recognize it as food.

I felt like I was witnessing the start of San Diego turning into LA.

1 comment:

tim eisele said...

I think "commensalism" is the word you're looking for, where one animal follows another around to get some benefit, without directly harming the one they are following. Like remoras following sharks.