Tuesday, December 29, 2020

I Needed A Food Photo Today

Looking for something in particular, I searched The Scratching Post for the words "high school daughter" and came up with this list of blog posts. Almost all of them are from roughly 8 years ago. It's enough to make you despair.

All of the trends I identified - racial mania, lowered expectations in public schools, little effort from the kids and parents - have gotten far worse and have exploded into the country at large. Looking back, this should come as no surprise. The rot that the education industry deliberately spread among our children is now manifesting itself in the culture as they get older and take more positions of influence.

Ugh. I need a food photo to make me feel better.

Fried Okra with Comeback Sauce.

Bonus Video

I really like Ryan Long's work, but this one is a bit brutal even for me. Still, it perfectly captures what has happened, particularly when you watch for the generational differences in reactions. The younger actors in this skit are roughly my daughter's age. At work, I see the same thing, younger employees, having ingested race mania in school, posting social media hits about how horrible straight, white men are and older employees so cowed that they don't respond.

Enjoy?

1 comment:

One Brow said...

All of the trends I identified - racial mania, lowered expectations in public schools, little effort from the kids and parents - have gotten far worse and have exploded into the country at large.

I remember reading that in newspaper columns 40 years ago.

Do you think Ryan Long is actually funny? I haven't seen it yet. Is it that he expressing an anger that you feel, but don't know how to safely express?