Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Brain Plasticity

If you've got a spare hour and a half, here's an outstanding* Google Tech Talk on brain plasticity.


* - Well, I think it's outstanding. To tell you the truth, I've only heard 20 minutes of it so far. I downloaded the flv file from YouTube with my Real Player, converted it to wmv with Real Converter and then converted it to MP3 with Adobe Media Converter. I've now got it on my Droid and am listening to it while I drive. I mean, when I drive. I'm not driving now; that would be really dangerous - blogging while driving.

Update: The presentation is really well done. The fellow is a great speaker and has organized his material in an interesting and understandable way. A big part of my professional life is based on me doing public speaking. This guy can run rings around me. I'm going to listen to it a couple of times just to break down his style and technique. He's a joy to hear.

3 comments:

Jeff Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Burton said...

Warning: this so-called "neuroscientist" does not know what "approbation" means. He actually thinks it means "disapprobation." Hah hah, what an idiot.

Jeff Burton said...

In all seriousness, this was very interesting. The little bit of research I've done in this area tell me brain training is not the slam dunk he claims (he's actually peddling a specific, pretty expensive software product).