Friday, October 06, 2006

K T is Not Spoiled, She's Just Our Maximum Leader

Last night I got in from Chicago at about 11:00 PM. By the time K T came in from playing outside (we have a permanently-open cat door) it was 11:30 PM. She told me she missed me and we each had a snack. I went upstairs to get ready for bed and she followed and jumped up on the bathroom counter top. This is the signal she wants a drink from the faucet. No problem. The master bath has two sinks, so I turn on one for her and go to brush my teeth in the other. She follows me to the other. I move to the first and she follows me there. I know what this means.

What K T really wants is not just water from the faucet, but for me to cup my hand underneath the faucet to form a tiny bowl so she can drink water from my hand. I tell her I'm tired and don't want to do this. She just stares at me. I tell her the other faucet is running and she can have that one all to herself. She just stares at me. Finally, I sigh and cup my hand under the faucet and she has a long drink.

Afterwards, I go to get in bed and see that she's sitting in front of the balcony door, looking back at me. She wants to go check the balcony to make sure everything is OK. I tell her I need some sleep and don't have time for this. She just stares at me and then at the door. I sigh and get up and open the door for her. She proceeds to run out onto the balcony and then run back in and then run back out at high speeds.

Finally, I have to go outside (by now it's about midnight) and pick her up where she is sitting, excited with huge saucer eyes looking down off the balcony. I bring her in and somehow she manages to forgive me.

She's not spoiled, she's just our Maximum Leader. That's how you treat Maximum Leaders, you know.

A portrait of our Maximum Leader. Collect the whole set! Trade them with friends!

For more feline fun, please visit this week's Carnival of the Cats and Friday Ark.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's a beautiful cat!

I would like to let you know that, next week, the festivities will move to Switzerland as I will be hosting the WCB #71, so don't forget to send me your permalinks via e-mail (grandchamp@gmx.ch) or to leave a detailed comment on my blog. See you next week, then!!!

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

What a great picture of your cat!
Bonnie in Virginia

Victor Tabbycat said...

KT, you have trained your human wonderfully. I admire your accomplishments. Purr