Monday, October 21, 2019

I Recommend 12 Lashes On Your Own Back

Really, that's the best answer for what's going on at Camden High School. After all, it's the fault of society and we're all part of society.

You can buy this for $24 at Historical Clothing Realm.
Camden High has horrific stats.
  • Only 4% of the students can read anywhere near grade level
  • None can do geometry
  • 2% can handle algebra 
The kids aren't even bothering to show up. 91% are chronically absent, which means they've missed at least 15 days of school during the year. 32% of them have been suspended.

On the plus side, 54% of them graduate*.

The ultra-progressive education industry tells us that the problems with schools like this are societal. They should know, they work with these kids all day long. Well, all the days they show up, that is. As we are "society," it's time we atoned for our sins.

I recommend self-scourging. I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes. I would bet that if just 32% of us did this, matching the suspension rate at Camden High, their test scores would rise dramatically.

Side Note: Back when I was in high school, while dodging pteranodons, I read Booker T. Washington's autobiography, Up From Slavery. The dude was a beast. It left an imprint on me, although, like all imprints, it faded with time. I just picked it up from Audible and am going to start it this morning on the way to work. From what I recall, I'm guessing that old Booker T wouldn't have been among the 91% chronically absent.

* - Wait, what? They don't show up, they can't read and they can't do math, but they graduate? No, that's not a transparent marker of the education industry kicking the can down the road, not at all.

No comments: