Saturday, April 09, 2022

Of Windex And Sasquatch

Blog Note: I've been whacked with a lot of spam recently, so I've activated a captcha word input in the comments. I hope it doesn't dissuade you from commenting. Up to now, I've left the blog wide open to make commenting easy, but the spam is making the posts unreadable.

On with the show.

Has anyone ever seen a full bottle of Windex? I know I haven't. Do they even exist?

Windex in its natural state. It's so empty that if you tilt the bottle while you spray, you get a tiny spritz and then nothing but Windex-flavored air.

Oh sure, like Sasquatch, there are grainy photos, shot from a great distance, revealing what appears to be a full bottle of Windex, but as far as I'm concerned, it's all a myth. No, Windex only exists in a nearly-empty state. Perhaps it has something to do with the electron shells of Windex molecules. We all know that nearly all of the volume of any particular atom consists of emptiness. Maybe Windex molecules compress themselves down into their true, non-emptiness state and that's why the bottles are always at their dregs.

One thing's for sure. I'm going to need a great, big government grant to continue my research. (Looks up real estate prices for 10-acre houses near Fairhope, AL, right on the bay.) I'm thinking about $3,000,000 would do it.

2 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

First, thanks for trying to exterminate the roaches that had been commenting.

Second, if you just want a nice southern home on waterfront there are lots on the lakes at less than $400,000. Here’s one on one acre with 57’ of lake frontage at $350,000:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/538-Wood-River-Ln-Talladega-AL-35160/76051199_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

tim eisele said...

The big problem with those spray-bottle containers is that they start getting hard to use while they still have so much stuff in them that I can't really justify declaring them empty and buying a new one. And they are hard to use up, so the partially-full ones just kind of sit around.