Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Comment Moderation On. Also Bees

I hate to do this because I like the free flow of conversation, but I've turned on comment moderation. I read somewhere that it discourages the spammers and after a while, they might stop hitting my site.

I've also been thinking of moving to substack where you have to register to participate. I really don't want to do that as I've got so much content here.

Argh.

I'll do my best to regularly manage the comments. Maybe I can find a way to have the blog text me when a new one arrives.

Update: The best I can do is have blogger email me when someone posts a new comment. Let's see if that works. In the meantime, here are some bees for Tim.

5 comments:

tim eisele said...

OK, here's a test.
Yep, those are certainly bees.

Ohioan@Heart said...

I think moderating is a good thing to try. Anything that gets rid of all the spam is good.

If you are looking for metrics… I posted this comment at 10:20 PDT. How long does it take to show on the blog?

K T Cat said...

I didn't get emails for either of your comments. Sigh.

Ohioan@Heart said...

Did you check your spam/junk mail folder?

Mostly Nothing said...

I have a ray of hope in this crazy world. As you may know, my second son graduated from High School in 2015, but I have continued to volunteer for the boys' basketball and baseball teams. This is my last year, as our new house is too far away to make it possible to continue. Monday, the baseball team had its first game (two were cancelled two weeks ago due to snow.

Anyway, this year the program (Varsity and JV) has 33 players! Since 2015, they've had 20-23 players. Having 1 sometimes 0 guys on the bench was no fun.

So even with the MLB making every bad decision imaginable, there are signs of life in the sports.

Hope you are enjoying Taylor Rogers; he was our only mostly reliable reliever.