Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Devolving?

Over the weekend, as we were cleaning out our new home*, I tripped and fell, injuring my right hand. It's just a sprain, but I've temporarily lost much of the use of my right thumb. As I now have only an opposable thumb and not thumbs, am I at risk of devolving? Does that explain my recent, heartless, paleolithic posts?

And what of our Maximum Leader**? Shall we soon be dealing with this?


* - it was a foreclosure and the backyard was filled with junk that had to be removed.

** - I'm almost certain we'll be able to keep her. I'll know on Friday when I have a chance to go back and check out the house again.

7 comments:

Rose said...

What????

Being able to keep her is in question?

Kelly the little black dog said...

You're fine just as long as you don't start losing limbs.

K T Cat said...

Kelly, I'm convinced that was leprosy. I think Dave should have been checked as soon as we got back to the spaceport.

K T Cat said...

Rose, my fiancee is allergic to cats, though she loves our Maximum Leader and vice versa. The neighborhood is prowled by coyotes day and night. I think I've got a solution to deal with both that our Maximum Leader will like.

Tim Eisele said...

"I think I've got a solution to deal with both that our Maximum Leader will like"

Get a couple of rifles, and go out with your fiancee to shoot coyotes?

Secular Apostate said...

I'm with Tim. I had a beagle (turns out beagles are excellent coyote bait) in CO, and I found the most effective coyote medicine was Dr. Winchester's .22-250 Elixir: no muss, no fuss and with every 10th coyote you get 1 free fur coat.

By the way, about that junk in the back yard... Just be glad the kitchen wasn't full of trash. You have to call the county sheriff to dispose of that before you can clean up the pizza boxes, Boone's Farm bottles, and used condoms.

crentin: (KREN-ten; n) a medieval tool used to extract trapped knights from bent battle armor

Foxfier said...

Let's see, in order....

Get better, hope it works out nicely, and * ick.