Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Apologize

Having read Barack Obama's latest pronouncements - that the country needs to apologize for it's dark and hideous past, I'd like to apologize right now.

I'm sorry I drank the last of the milk and didn't replace it for a couple of days.

There, how's that?

Just how does all this self-flagellation work, anyway? He talks about what a sack of garbage we've been to everyone and then says we need to get back to what made this country great. Huh? Does that mean we're going to say we're sorry to the Chinese railroad workers from the 1800s and then import a whole bunch more and put them to work in the desert again? How can you confess guilt for having been a villain in the past and then yearn to get back to that time?

The guy needs to get a serious grip. The US is #1 in just about every measure imaginable. We're the 1927 Yankees. Barack Obama, less accomplished than most people his age, is walking around talking about how lousy we are. It's like some utility infielder telling Ruth and Gherig that the team sucks.

(Barack Obama thinking to himself): Man, do these guys need my message of hope and change or what?

3 comments:

DammitWomann said...

Good post! Truthful and to the point! Also like the comparison.

Dean said...

"It's like some utility infielder telling Ruth and Gehrig that the team sucks."

Nice...

Bad news, good buddy. Blogspot just informed me that I've been identified as a potential spam blog and I am currently shut down. The review process, if all goes well, is supposed to take two business days. I am not a happy camper, right now.

Nevertheless, I wanted to personally thank you for your friendship, your graciousness in accepting me into the Theocracy and your support of my site.

If you have any advice for me, I'd love to hear it.

Your friend,
Dean

K T Cat said...

How in the world can you be a spam blog? Sounds like someone's picking on you. That's not good. I've never encountered that or known anyone who has gone through it. I assume you'll be up and running shortly, but in the meantime, I'll do a little research here. Your blog happens to be the one in the Theocracy I visit the most!