Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Great Idea for a Treat-dispensing Cat Toy

Recently, our Maximum Leader has been growing more and more, well, maximum. She doesn't like to go outside much in our new house and instead hovers around the food dish constantly asking for a few more crunchies or some Pounce. I went on line to see if I could find one of those cat toys what dispenses treats as the cat plays with them, but thanks to Amazon, I was warned away from them as being too easy for the cats to get the food.

In the comments at Amazon was this great idea.
I have a half-Siamese and he got the food out of the balls in record time. If you cat is smart, try plastic soda bottles with a few holes punched in them. These balls are just too easy for MENSA cats.
Plastic soda bottles seem like an inspired toy. Their strange shape will keep them bouncing around in random ways and the food won't simply fall out of them. When I get a chance, I'm going to construct a few of these and test them out on our Maximum Leader.

1 comment:

Mostly Nothing said...

Socks got outside sometime during the 4th of July. We were gone from about noon until 10 or so. I don't know if it was before we left or after we got back.

Anyway, he spent the night out, and serenaded us in the morning.

Since then, he hasn't tried to get out much.

The bottle sounds like a good idea.