Monday, June 12, 2023

USVI Assessment And Trump

I'm going diving today with my GoPro, so I hope to have some nice videos to share with you later.

USVI Assessment

St. Thomas and St. John are nice, but they don't match up with either Maui or Grand Cayman. The place is beautiful and the people are friendly, but it's more run-down than the Caymans, the water isn't quite as clear, the reefs not as flush with life and the Caribbean isn't as developed as Maui. If you want America with great reef fish, go to Maui. If you want mind-blowing reef fish and a taste of the exotic, go to Grand Cayman. 

Your mileage may vary.

Photos

The beaches are beautiful and the water is in the 80s.

There are dinosaurs living on the islands. Two of them came over to our rental to mooch food from us. They liked pineapple and green beans.

This closeup of a beach on St. Johns gives you an idea of what I was saying in an earlier blog post about the USVI being like SoCal. It's green and lovely, but it's not a tropical jungle in the same way as the wet side of Maui.

That same beach on St. John's from a distance. Lovely!

Both St. John's and St. Thomas have areas with lots of exquisite homes where the rich and famous set up shop or vacation spots. I just can't see the attraction, given the limited shopping and logistics. Then again, I vacation in Alabama, so what do I know?

A Brief Word On Trump

Like Bill Barr said, if even a bit of what is in the indictment is true, he's toast. He deserves to be in jail if a quarter of it is true. I would strenuously argue that what Hillary did with her email server was far worse, but so what? Yes, there is currently a two-tiered justice system where conservatives get indicted and the progs get away with it, but again, so what? The guy needs to go to jail. I don't think he did anything maliciously, I just think he's an idiot with malignant narcissism personality disorder.

I admire and respect both Jonathan Turley and Bill Barr and they're not sanguine about Trump's chances.

No comments: