Sunday, October 04, 2020

The Power Tool Storage Rack, Completed

After yesterday's post on storing corded power tools, I decided to make a simple rack for some of mine. Below is a photo evolution of the effort. It's over 100 today and I've been working in the garage for the last several hours. Posting some photos with comments is all I've got left in the tank. 

/whining

Enjoy!

I used 1/2" plywood, connected with butt joints. Old, blorpy wood glue and finishing nails did the real work. I wasn't all that careful with my slot measurements since the only thing they were doing was storing coiled electrical cords.


With the top on, it looks somewhat decent.

Whoops! As usual, I forgot to take account of the width of the top and bottom pieces when I cut the back. Not to worry, its only job is to keep the thing from folding over and collapsing.

The biggest tool I was going to store here was my circular saw. I cut a slot in the top and it fit snuggly. Yay!

The slot from the bottom.

The finished piece with a very small hole cut for the jigsaw and substantially larger ones for the drill and the heat gun. No holes necessary for the sander.

The completed units, cords coiled and put away, on the workbench shelf. I love it!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Talk to you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and you have space on the bottom part to put your coffee and cup cakes!

Mostly Nothing said...

Looks nice.
Today we went to Menards to pick up the boy's Cedar plywood for his panel desk project. Shipping came with 2 sheets of OSB, we are thinking about what great stuff we can make with that...

Also cut down all the gardens for winter. 3 trips to the compost site.