Thursday, March 19, 2020

Fiberglass Without Coffee

Note: Open replies to Tim and Ohioan can be found here if you want to get in one last round of the conversation.


Today, we work on fiberglass without coffee. Allow me to explain.

My primary strategic goal these days is to develop more self-discipline. Improvisation has always been a default behavior of mine. I don't like detail work and I typically make those up as I go along. I also have a tendency to give in to whatever strikes me at the moment. This leads to clutter, disorganization, an aggravated wife kitteh and more brewskis than I want to have.

When I've tried to tackle the symptoms in the past, it's always failed. It's taken me years to figure out that the clutter, the lack of detailed plans and the beer were not the problem, self-discipline was the problem. I started a program to strengthen that about three weeks ago and it's shown great results. For example, my car hasn't looked like a trash heap since I started.

Driven by the emotions of the moment, I like to fall back into the loving arms of caffeine when I hit the doldrums. Only this morning, I realized that crutch was itself a submission to my whims. Today, I made a totally unnecessary second cup of coffee, but I'm now going to throw it out. Too many drugs make for a bad trip, man.

So with the chemistry out of the way, here are the Chinaman's Cough Quarantine plans for today.
  1. I need to create a form out of my patched center console from the MGB. That means I will sand it, spray it with release solutions and then make a fiberglass mold of it. That fiberglass mold is then used as the form for the real fiberglass console.
  2. I love Cajun cooking. The Cajuns were French Canadians that the British forced to move to Louisiana after the French and Indian War. Their food has strong French influences, so I'm starting to experiment with French cooking. We're out of leftovers, so I'm going to make something vaguely French tonight. A menu and cooking plan are required.
  3. I've been reading Brian Tracy's No Excuses! It's quite good. He recommends investing 3% of your gross into personal development. How would I do that? Some initial pondering should be done.
  4. One of my goals outside of work is to explore lapsed-Catholic evangelization, particularly with regards to young adults and marriage. The first step of any sales effort is to understand the market. I recently finished the book I was reading, so it's time to pull some new threads. What should they be?
There. That's enough for today, methinks. Feel free to post your thoughts and goals in the comments. I'll update my progress at the end of the day.

All that sweet, delicious coffee must go down the drain. Sad!

1 comment:

tim eisele said...

Your title had me picturing fiberglass fabric saturated with coffee. Now that would be a nasty thing to drink.

(Eat? Chew and spit out? Apply externally as a patch? Nope. No way to make that appealing. Nope nope nope)