Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Can Speak With Dogs In Their Own Language

... and it's no big deal.

Sally Quinn writes for the WaPo. She writes a religion blog. Sally is also an occultist. Which the WaPo did not find important enough to reveal to their readers until recently. Also which was not a reason to disqualify her as the writer of a religion column.

And so the WaPo published articles on religion from a woman who believes in and practices hexes, spells and séances. And everyone at the WaPo went to work in the morning, got their cups of coffee, wrote a little bit, made some phone calls and then picked out a place for lunch. How about that deli across the street? No, we go their all the time, I'm in the mood for Thai. Let's invite Sally, because when she stands in line, she casts spells on the condiments and then they taste so much better. Great idea! Say, did you hear that the local Catholic bishop is still pushing traditional marriage? How primitive! (Laughter.)

I would bet that the folks at the WaPo firmly believe that they can communicate with normals. I'm sure Sally has been innocently writing her columns all this time believing, deep in her heart, that she understands us and she can reach us where we live.

When I was in junior high, I had a friend who believed his dog could understand what he was saying. He would say something sweet to the dog and it would roll over or lick him or whatever. Being a curmudgeon even at that early age, I said something horrible to the dog in a sweet voice and it behaved the same way. We couldn't talk to the dog at all. It was just so much self-deception on the part of my friend.

Sort of like Sally Quinn and the rest of the WaPo.

This perfectly represents Sally Quinn's ability to truly communicate with us normals and the WaPo's opinion of us as a whole.

2 comments:

ligneus said...

I talk to myself, not sure I understand what I'm saying, does that count as moonbat-ery?

tim eisele said...

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep."

"Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?"