Thursday, January 29, 2009

Global Warming Sweeps the Nation

People are wearing shorts and Aloha shirts all across the nation as global warming's brutal heat waves crush the country.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – More than a million homes and businesses left in the cold without power Thursday in the wake of an icy winter storm could face a lengthy wait for electricity to come back, even as federal help was promised to two states hit hardest by the blast.

...Utility officials estimated more than 1.3 million homes and businesses across a wide swath of states were powerless early Thursday, and warned it could be mid-February before some customers had power.
Here's video evidence of the Inconvenient Truth hitting home.


I'm stocking up on sunscreen and beach towels so I can spend my last few days in peace at the beach before I shrivel up like a raisin in this heat.

We're all doomed. Our only hope is that Barack Obama can raise his mighty hand and drive away the evil sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? 3.7 inches of snow in Casper WY is a *record*? That's pathetic. It's hardly even worth breaking out the snowblower for! I've had to clear away snowfalls of a foot or more about a dozen times just this month alone.

I for one had high hopes for global warming. As I stand here in northern Michigan and look around at the lakes and verdant woodlands, and think "You know, 10,000 years ago, this was UNDER A MILE OF FREAKING ICE!" I find it's hard to say "Global Warming Must Be Stopped!" with a straight face.

Bluegrass Pundit said...

Since I am in the middle of an area ravaged by an ice storm, it seems appropriate to talk about the weaknesses of the global warming theory.

Computer models forecasting global warming are not scientific