Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Not Enthused About the NFL Draft

Last year, following the Saints magical season where they got all the way to the NFC Championship game, I was all over the NFL draft for weeks before it happened. I read the message boards, I scoped out the draft analyses, I took it all in. This year, following the Saints dreadful performance in the 2007 draft, I just can't get up for it. Even in those terrible years with Mike Ditka, I was excited about the draft. Last year's disappointment must have really gotten to me.

2 comments:

Dean said...

KT, Question: Charlie Casserly looked like an absolute buffoon at the time for drafting DE Mario Williams for the Texans over Reggie Bush. With Reggie struggling to find his groove in his 2nd year, do you think the Saints made a mistake?

K T Cat said...

I still like Reggie. The strange thing about their 0-4 start ast year was how badly the o-line played. It was weird. Also, they got NOTHING in the off season last year, either draft or free agents.