Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Coming Late to the Party

The MSM continues to live up to its dinosaur reputation. Like the mighty sauropods whose nervous systems were so primitive that it took several minutes for them to realize that they had died, the Washington Post is just now realizing that the left is overwhelmed with hate. They published a Richard Cohen column that is so staggeringly out of date that it makes you wonder if he wrote it two years ago and they just sat on it until now. He wrote a column vaguely dismissive of someone from the left I’ve never even heard of and his email inbox promptly filled with digital sewage from infuriated lefties. Here are key sections of his column.

It seemed that most of my correspondents had been egged on to write me by various blogs. In response, they smartly assembled into a digital lynch mob and went roaring after me…But the message in this case truly is the medium. The e-mails pulse in my queue, emanating raw hatred…I know it's only words now appearing on my computer screen, but the words are so angry, so roiled with rage, that they are the functional equivalent of rocks once so furiously hurled during antiwar demonstrations.
Well, duh. I did two posts on the Special Olympics and I got hateful comments from some moonbat still enraged that I said that one of their standard bearers, Patriot Boy, was a hate-filled hack unworthy of their time. Criticizing hate got me…hate.

Now I have support from the MSM. Riding to the rescue is none other than the mighty Richard Cohen. Boy, do I feel relieved. Of course, he pulls up short in his column when at the end he says he understands the source of their hate. Thanks for nothing, Ricky.

There’s no excuse for the hate. Period.

No comments: