Thursday, July 25, 2019

Drowning Peppers

... is what I've been doing.

I meant to get a photo before I left the house today, but I didn't do it, so I beg your pardon for the lack of graphical evidence. In any case, my jalapeno and cayenne plants are exhibiting signs of stress. Their new leaves are curling up and shriveling.

It turns out the problem is like when you spend too much time in the water and your fingers become all pruney. I'm overwatering the poor things. It turns out that my tiny drip heads running for 7 minutes, 3 times a week is way too much. The peppers want to be watered once a week and then have the soil dry out.

You learn something new every day!

Who knew Mexican plants wanted it dry? Why didn't anyone tell me these things?

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

So, you have my blackthumb.....

I, in the meantime, have been hauling roughly 12 gallons of water a day to the Rocket Day Lily, the Goblin Daisy, and the Kobld heck of I can remember so they'll stop wilting.
(The Medusia onion and Korean Lilac are going "BRING IT!!!" at the weather.)

Foxfier said...

Note:
Everything except the lilac was bought because of theme.

They didn't have a purple lilac named something like "Monster!"