Thursday, July 11, 2019

Supermarkets: A Rant

There's something that's been bugging me about supermarkets for a long time and now it's really gotten my goat.

This was my goat. It has since been gotten.
I was at the store today, buying sour cream, guacamole and ammunition for my .45 revolver when there was some kind of ruckoid between the cashier and the customer in line in front of me. The cashier apologized and was happy that the customer didn't get angry and yell at her.

I'm sure you can immediately see what's wrong with that.

We're the customers, lady. You're there to serve us. When something goes awry, why do we have to be the ones yelling and getting angry? That takes a lot of effort. Why can't you be the one getting angry? Why do the customers have to do all the work? You're the one getting paid for this, not us.

And I don't want to see you getting angry with us, either. We've got enough on our plate, standing there in line, passing judgment on each other for the fact that the person behind us is buying guacamole and ammunition. You need to get angry and yell at inanimate objects or perhaps invisible beings. Fairies and pixies, perhaps.

If you want to know why this country is going to heck in a handbasket, just take a look at the cashiers the next time you go to the store. I'll bet not a one of them is angry and yelling. No, if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself, even if there are people being paid to do it.

Pathetic.

5 comments:

Foxfier said...

....um, is me growling at the gremlins in the self-checkout acceptable?

K T Cat said...

And that's another thing! Why are there gremlins all over the freaking store? Every time I go there after coming down from an acid trip, I see gremlins crawling on the fresh meat, perched above the produce, licking the butter ...

Tom said...

Guacamole and ammunition? Really? Guacamole?

And surely you can do better than .45LC....

ligneus said...

You're in a good mood tonight! Not being sarcastic, very funny.

Ohioan@Heart said...

No one is licking butter. They are licking ice cream.