Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Tantrums, Ben Shapiro And Transgender

I just finished Ben Shapiro's excellent new book, The Right Side of History. One of his conclusions is that the Secular Left is a religious movement centered around self-esteem. That last bit filled in a key missing piece for me - what was the function being maximized by the Secular Left? Looking at the world with this lens, things make more sense. It's not perfect, no mathematical model of complex reality is, but it gets very close.

The trangender movement is insanity. Men can't become women and women can't become men. However, to each individual tranny, it is crucial to their self-esteem that you agree that they can make that change. Thus, to the Secular Left, to cling to biological facts is to reduce their key metric, self-esteem. The reaction to disagreement isn't a conversation, it's a tantrum thrown by people who cannot stand anything that doesn't boost their self-worth.

Who exemplifies this better than toddlers? Dig the way the little dude below* goes out of his way to make sure you see his displeasure.


* - This is actually a relatively painful video for me to watch as my impulse when it comes to toddlers, dogs, cats and other charming things is to give them lots of love. When I experience this behavior from an adult, like I do from my transgendered friend who I've blogged about in the past, it gets old very quickly and I just want to shake them and yell.

1 comment:

Ohioan@Heart said...

Your phrase “it is crucial to their self-esteem that you agree” is really the key point to all the behaviors of the left. It reminded me of a recent YouTube video, and especially the part around 2:40. Enjoy the whole thing. https://youtu.be/IzNGkwGYE4E.