Saturday, April 13, 2019

Forgiveness, Acceptance, Barack Obama And Robert E. Lee

This is kind of a blog post to myself, but I hope you get something out of it as well.

I'm a big fan of Robert E. Lee. To me, he's second only to George Washington as the greatest American of all time. I won't go into the reasons here. Let's just leave it at that. I understand that Lee fought for the Confederacy and they were trying to preserve slavery. I still love the guy.

Some people are big fans of Barack Obama. Barack never met a type of abortion he didn't support, including the type where the baby is about 7 pounds and you have to suck out its brains and then crush its skull to get it out of the mother, dead. A lot of people who love Barack know that and love him anyway.

If I want people to respect my preferences, then I need to respect theirs. I wouldn't make their choice and they wouldn't make mine, but in the end, how big of a deal is it anyway? Loving Robert E. Lee doesn't mean you support slavery and loving Barack doesn't mean you think crushing the skulls of babies is fine.

Maybe we'd be better off if we learned to respect each other's preferences even if we don't fully understand them.

The Big Man himself.

1 comment:

IlĂ­on said...

*eyeroll*