Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well, This Just Proves We Need More Banking Regulations

It's like squeezing a balloon.
Bank of America Corp. and other banks are preparing new fees on basic banking services as they try to replace revenue lost to regulatory rules, in a push that is expected to spell an end to free checking accounts for many Americans.
Curse those banks! They keep trying to earn a return on their investments! We've got to stop them! But how? Every time we put our boots on their throats, they wriggle free. It's enough to drive you mad with hate!

Lenin had the answer. He wouldn't have put up with this nonsense. He would have the whole lot of them taken out and shot. That would fix everything.

1 comment:

tim eisele said...

Well, for some time now the banks around here have been using their fee structure to make it clear that they don't want my business*. So I went to the credit union, who did want my business. They still have free checking, and there is no indication that they intend to change. Maybe the banks can do some things that the credit union can't, but the credit union does what I require in a financial institution without slathering on the fees**, so why should I deal with the banks?

*They used to want my business back when they were local banks. But, as they got progressively bought up by larger and larger national chains, they wanted my business less and less. So now they don't have it at all.

**This might have something to do with the distinct lack of marble surfaces and expensive furniture at the credit union. I don't know about other people, but I want a financial institution to look after my money on my behalf, not scrape off a big chunk of it so that they can fancy up their building.