Saturday, August 29, 2009

Setting up my Manspace

Yesterday I finally mounted my workbench top on my cabinet bases. It's a small workbench, only 6' long, but it's the first one I've had in years. I love it. I've been saving glass jars from tomato sauces and the like and can now begin to sort my screws and nails within them. I used to use plastic bins that I bought at the store, but I found that glass jars work much better and, best of all, they're free and totally eco-friendly. We recycle our glass, but why spend the energy melting down the jars when you can recycle them yourself without the melting part?

I've still got boxes of stuff scattered throughout the garage that I need to put away. There's plenty of artwork and oddly-shaped things that will have to find a home somewhere, perhaps not at our house. I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend, I can call for my MGB to come home and receive its engine and transmission that are waiting here for it.

In the meantime, our Maximum Leader is watching over the process.

No comments: