Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For Terrie

A few nights ago, my fiancee and I watched Love Actually. She'd never seen it and it's one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time. It closes with the Beach Boys singing God Only Knows. Noodling around the Internets Tubes this morning I came across this lovely music video on YouTube. I normally don't like videos that simply pan and zoom on stills, but this one captures the Beach Boys during their happiest phase and I had to share it.


The song captures my life and what finding Terrie has meant to me. I'm reasonably successful in my career and have two lovely children who never cease to delight me. My parents are a joy and a treasure. With all of that, Terrie is the future, bright and warm, offering all manner of new things to explore and enjoy together.

In quiet moments alone in the car (when I'm not talking back to a radio that can't hear me) I sometimes consider what life would be like never having met her.

Hence, the song.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrie is one lucky - and smart - gal, mi amigo.

K T Cat said...

Thanks, Apostate! I know my blogging can be very acidic. Without her, they might be radioactive with a much darker view of the world. She makes me a better person.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

KT has been found by Miss Terrie, as Wollf by the Dragn.

T'will be a fine Christmas by my guess......

Dean said...

From the digitally remastered PET SOUNDS albuM notes:

"Just before we did God only knows, Carl and I had prayer sessions asking the Lord for guidance and maximum love vibes for this crucial single. It was the first time that anyone ever used the word "God" in a commercial song... at least this is what we were told. During the production of PET SOUNDS, I dreamt I had a halo over my head. This might have meant the angels were watching over PET SOUNDS."

Brian Wilson 1990

Love, Grace, Wisdom and album notes... stuff you just can't get from an iTunes download.

Thanks for this, KT. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums. I'm putting it on right now.