Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama Calls McCain a Coward

"John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell – but he won't even go to the cave where he lives."

Err, I don't think that was a good idea. When I heard this, I nearly threw my wine glass through the TV screen. I told Obama something most unpleasant. I thought of my SPECOPS friends who might want to have an, err, discussion with Obama about their implied failure to apprehend Osama bin Laden.

All in all, I thought the speech had its moments, but on the whole was pretty vacuous. What was it he closed with? Something about having to move forward, not backwards, looking to the future and not to the sides and having the courage to...oh forget it. I have no idea what the last part was about at all.

Whatever.

4 comments:

Rose said...

Let's hope it backfires like it should.

Foxfier said...

I got the giggles about him b*tching about the guy who pointed out that the only recession is the one in our imagination-- on the very day it's put out that we GREW 3.3 in the second quarter.

My husband was raiding at the time, and even he looked over and asked "did that moron just insult all the guys who did sh*t before, like, now? Hope it burns him."

K T Cat said...

foxfier, I was amazed by the poor timing of those complaints about the economy, too. Not a good day to come out and say the economy stinks, eh?

Ohioan@Heart said...

KT,

That ending was priceless... All I could think of was a quote from The Simpsons.

Here it is from The Simpsons Episode Number 154, Season 8, "Treehouse of Horror VII", First Aired on Sunday October 27, 1996:

[the alien] Kang: We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.