Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Touching Scene

Yesterday when I went to school to pick up my daughter, I saw a touching scene. At our school, we have an ancient Italian lady who has worked as a teacher's aide for decades. She is easily in her 90s. As she was hobbling away from school and going home for the day, a bright-faced little poppet, a first grader no more than 6 years old ran after her, calling her name. The old Italian lady turned and smiled and the little girl rushed up and gave a her a big hug.

It was a tender and charming scene. A woman who had experienced so much in life sharing a moment of warmth and love with a tiny, innocent child. I pulled out my phone to share this with my fiancee. As I waited for her phone to ring, I got that special message that Sprint had prepared for me, nay, for all of us.

Signal faded. Call lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funniest post! Cell phone failure tends to ruin a moment.