Friday, October 12, 2007

Macro Hamster

With my camera set on macro mode, I let little Jacob out of his cage and did my best to get some good photos. Talk about futile! The little ninny never stopped running. As usual, I took about 30 shots and got two mediocre ones.

In macro mode, it seems that the center of the viewing window is biased high, making all of the shots low. This happened with my photos of our Maximum Leader, too.


The scrurrying furry one finally posed for a split second while I took this shot.

I can't imagine how long the professional photographers who do those shots used in hamster books take. The photo shoots must last for hours. Next time I'm going to try filming him with our video camera and then pulling some stills off of that.

Stop by this week's Friday Ark for more critter pix.

4 comments:

ligneus said...

I guess you don't have a SLR therefore are falling victim to parallax error. As for professionals, with SLR, multiple exposure, powerful electronic flash allowing small f stops therefore more depth of field, it's like falling off a log!
Also, as we used to say in England, you need the three p's, patience, perseverance and the help of three policemen.

K T Cat said...

ligneus,

Thanks for the advice! It looks like I need to work on my frugality a bit more and save up for a different camera.

:-)

Justin said...

Yea, you'd be amazed what you can do with an SLR. I mean, just look at the long exposures I did during Humberto.

You can probably get a Canon Digital Rebel XT like I've got fairly cheap (for a digital SLR anyway) now since they've come out with a newer model.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Ligneus and Justin are spot on. Another really good one, though purists would differ, is the newer Sony DSLR.

Most of the pics on Howls are with that.

Or.....try a rock under the leg of the tripod.

Sheesh, I just can't help myself.