Saturday, October 06, 2007

Meow Means...?

Our Maximum Leader and I have an established communications scheme. At night, when she wants to get a snack and be let out, she politely knocks on the bedroom door with her padded paw. If I don't get up, she comes in and plucks the carpet or shreds any paper that might be on the floor. In the morning, after she has had breakfast, she comes upstairs to where I'm drinking coffee and blogging, sits behind my chair and very pleasantly meows once. That means it's time for me to walk with her into the master bath and cup my hand under the running faucet so she can have her favorite drink.

It all works out very well.

This morning, she's come and meowed at me four times. She got water the first time, we went out onto the master bedroom balcony the second time, she got more water the third time and the fourth time I simply gave up trying to guess what she wanted. I let her lead me, in her normal unhurried way, wherever it was she wanted us to go. All she wanted was for me to go with her into the bedroom and lie down on the carpet and let her groom my head.

Meow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! You've been blessed beyong measure. Having a feline deem you worthy of being groomed is an honor like no other.

I'm jealous.....

K T Cat said...

LOL!