Friday, October 12, 2007

I Don't Feel Like Being Heavy Handed Today

From time to time I get days of big hits on this blog. The last few days have seen my traffic about double what it normally is. Most of it was going to my analysis of the Republican debate and my polemics against Kate Mulvey. Following those days of big hits, I get leftover hits from people who liked what I wrote and come back to the blog to see if they can find any more posts just like that.

They're almost always disappointed.

Today's WSJ had a page one article on income distribution and how it's more lopsided than ever. I spent about half an hour going through the data at census.gov and had created an excel table showing it was behavior-related more than anything else. I decided not to post it. Instead, I posted close-up pictures of Jacob the Syrian Hamster.

I don't like it when this blog is filled with angry or political posts. It just doesn't feel right. That's not the way I see the world and not the theme I want to embrace. The world is a beautiful place. Civilization and the wonders we have all worked together to create come from cooperation and kindness. My raging or mocking prose may be cathartic, but it ads very little to the world.

So I'm sorry if some of you have come by to see if I've shredded another feminist or analyzed income data to point out how the person to blame for your lack of cash is looking back at you in the mirror every day. I just don't feel like it right now.

Instead, I feel like posting some clouds. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Dean said...

K.T., I haven't been doing this thing long but go with your first instinct. Your writing style does not suggest heavy-handedness. Post... and then hit us with the clouds as well.