Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Feline Theocracy Hosts the Catholic Carnival

...and I sure hope you guys have a sense of humor otherwise I won't be invited back to do this.

Our Maximum Leader welcomes you to this week's Catholic Carnival with her typical zeal and energy.

The Feline Theocracy has hosted carnivals before, most notably the Carnival of the Cats, but this is the first Catholic Carnival we've ever done, so a short intro is in order. Just what is the Feline Theocracy? Well, if you must know, you can read about it here.

One last plug for the blog and then we'll get to your posts. Each week we post another in our World of Good (WOG) series of blog posts. We highlight acts of kindness and charity in a continuing effort to encourage and inspire you to do your own. We are always looking for bloggers who would like to join our WOG Squad and link to these posts. You can find all the details as well as a complete list of our WOG posts here.

And now, on with the show.

Steve Bainbridge presents Is There Such a Thing as a “Catholic Judge” posted at Professor Bainbridge's Business Associations Blog. This is quite a thought-provoking topic. Is a judge a Catholic first and a judge second, or is a judge's Catholicism just one part of his decision process or any part at all?

edithyeung presents God Creates No Garbage posted at Edith Yeung.Com: Dream. Think. Act.. Edith suggests that we need to slow down and take some time to pay attention to what's going on around us if we're going to make the most of our lives. Edith, would you be willing to come to my workplace and give this talk to our upper management? I promise to make them leave their blackberries at the door. :-)

Jane Marcoux presents Something About Mary posted at Building the Ark. First off, I love the theme of this blog. I'll be back to read more. In this post, Jane lays to rest some misconceptions about Catholics' relationship with Mary.

Heidi Saxton presents 40 Reasons We'd Do It Again ... Thoughts on Adoption posted at Mommy Monsters Inc.. You go, Heidi! As an adoptive parent myself, I can assure you my life is much richer because of my little Russian princess.

James DeLelys presents ChristianWriters.com - Mom is home! posted at ChristianWriters.com. This is a very touching post. Read it and see for yourself.

Organ-ic Chemist gives us a YouTube site for Catholics. In the interests of thoroughness, I spent some time clicking about and found some good videos. I think you will, too. There's at least one that I'll post on this blog.

If Kate Wicker's post, My Papa, doesn't move you, you're not alive. Enough said.

On a recent night, Hope baptized a book. Reading her description of the event and subsequent ones made me want to give her a big hug. Instead, I'll give her a link and suggest a comment or two from you readers might be nice.

Elena LaVictoire presents All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day - Celebration, Education and Fun! posted at My Domestic Church. Elena assures us that Halloween is OK. It better be! I'll be handing out cans of tuna and cat food to all the kids coming to my door. That way our Maximum Leader will really love what's left over afterwards.

Fasten your seat belts for this one, it's a bumpy ride into the future. Christine suggests that Hillary Clinton might lead to massive increases in abortion. Hard to argue with that. Hillary never met an abortion she didn't like.

Gen X Revert presents Pius XII and the Catholic Church during WWII posted at A Long Island Catholic. This is one I need to read more throughly. I've been ambivalent towards the Church's interactions with the Nazis. Gen X Revert has some solid information to check out.

Matthew S looks for The Better Portion in his life as father and husband. I think he found it.

Antonia presents Rosary Widget posted at Catholic+Linux+Monkey. OK, the geek in me and the Catholic in me have communed. This one is way cool. Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Sarah finds a prayer she's going to use. I think I'll use it, too!

Catholic Fire has the story of St. Anthony Mary Claret. Talk about an active life! 14 assassination attempts against him?!? Wow!

Maria Fernandez presents Spanish bibles posted at Learn a foreign language - blog. Maria shows us where to buy Spanish language bibles.

That's it for this week's Catholic Carnival. I hope you enjoyed it. Return links are always appreciated and please consider joining the WOG Squad. Your life will never be the same once you're a part of the Feline Theocracy!

6 comments:

Elena LaVictoire said...

LOL! That was fun! Thanks for hosting!

Christine said...

Great job!
Thanks for hosting!

Matthew S said...

I normally don't do well with cats unless they are in the barn and I am inside but this was most puuurrrrfectly excellent.

Under the Mercy,
Matthew S

Kate Wicker said...

Great work - thanks for hosting. By the way, I think God wants all of us to have more of a sense of humor. People can take life and themselves way too seriously!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Thanks for hosting this-it looks great! But really, how could a cat not do anything purr-fectly? ;-)

Jane

Therese said...

good job. I look forward to reading all the links.