Wednesday, February 20, 2019

I Am Not An Addict

I can quit any time I want.

Dig this photo from the other night.


It looks like I'm some kind of crazed cooking addict who pulled over on the side of the road to make rice in our Instapot.

Instead, what happened was that I brought red beans and rice to our men's retreat preparation meeting. I brought the rice uncooked because rice that sits for an hour turns into a gluey mess. I had thought we were going to be in a larger meeting room at the church and I'd be able to plug it in on a table in the back of the room. Instead, we were in a small classroom with no place to stick the Instapot. A friend found a light pole outside with an outlet and we had things going in no time. The cone was there to mark a small flood zone as we've had quite a bit of rain lately.

Nah. Who am I kidding? I was driving down the road when I had an uncontrollable urge to cook!

5 comments:

Foxfier said...

Food digression, I love how I understand what you mean about rice, while right this minute I am making rice which will sit for at least an hour before serving, and which I will then deliberately allow to air-cool so I can reheat it tomorrow.

(Different rice; I'm using "sushi rice," not sure what red beans and rice uses but I seem to remember it has like tomato juice or something?)

tom said...

You're lucky there wasn't a marathon going by...

tim eisele said...

Huh. Do they make a 12-volt version of that pot, so you can plug it into your car?

Foxfier said...

There ARE!

Takeru-kun is the Japanese version, or just searching "car rice cooker."

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Portable-Nonstick-Measuring-Nutritious/dp/B07LB2MBR5

No pressure cooker that I could find, though.

tim eisele said...

That little 12V rice cooker is extremely cute, especially in the picture where the person is holding it!