Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Love my new enV!

Apple just came out with the second version iPhone. I will not be buying one. Some of their verion 1 customers are unhappy.
(The author's colleague) was referring to what will happen today, June 9, when Apple officially announces and launches the 3G iPhone. 3G will provide a faster and more powerful signal, which means iPhone 2.0 could be a much better phone. It also means that hundreds of thousands of iPhone users may think about trading up. There's been no indication that Apple will offer a trade-in policy, however, so that means people will likely try and sell their first-gen iPhones. EBay could be flooded with listings, and my coworker could be out of luck.
I am not unhappy. I have my enV.

Oh enV, you make me so happy!

3 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

You can always find unhappy customers, but the fact that the cellphone industry is coming out with so many iPhone touchscreen copy cats shows how influential it is. Almost everyone I know who has one loves it except for the fact that id didn't have 3G or GPS, now it does.

Though as for me I don't even have a cell phone, my wife does. Though I do have the iPod Touch and is similar to the iPhone. I do like it and it has the best small screen browser there is. I was skeptical, but it is actually usuable to view web sites with because of the easy way you can resize the screen on the fly. The screen is such a nice size and high resolution that I have even read a couple of novels using it. gMail on it is quite excellent. When Apple app store opens up it will also give it a lot of excellent capabilites program wise making it more like a small computer than anything.

Science FIction writer Jerry Pournelle said his iPhone is the closest thing to the pocket computer he described in his book The Mote in God's Eye.

But I use to be an Apple skeptic too, though now I am drinking Steve Job's Kool-Aid.

But as for technology whatever works for you is the best piece of technology, so it doesn't matter who makes it as long as it does what you want it to do.

Anonymous said...

I've got no sympathy for the people that bought the first phone. They knew that the price would come down and the next generation would be much better. Either buy a new phone or shut up. Do both.

So what do you like about the enV? What's it do for you. As Qwest drops Sprint and moves to Verison, I'll be getting a new phone. I don't think they'll move. At least that's the feeling I get from the FAQ. There will be good trade ins though.

K T Cat said...

I like the enV's keyboard and cheap price. I can text with it and I can send photos with its 2 megapixel camera. It's nowhere near the top of the line, but it does what I want and does it well. It's also an excellent phone. Dropped calls are a thing of the past.