Monday, December 01, 2008

Blogging from my Laptop

... stinks. But I have to do it this morning because my big desktop machine has decided to croak. Argh. I hope I can save the information off of it.

I used to use an online backup tool, but for whatever reason, when I rebuilt my machine the last time and downloaded all the saved info, I never started it back up again. That means all of my email, photos and whatnot are at risk.

That's the last time I do that.

Update: So now it boots up to the point where it asks me if I want to boot the rest of the way in safe mode. I decided take a chance and went for normal mode. Bad decision. It's lost in space now.

Danger, Will Robinson! You should have chosen safe mode!

Update 2: Hooray! I let it run and it finally booted all the way in normal mode! Now it's a mad race to move the important files onto my experimental Linux server and then restart the backup on the Internets Tubes.

Update 3: Files moved and Mozy restarted, it looks like I'll survive this crisis.

1 comment:

K T Cat said...

Thanks, Mberenis. I'm so desperate for comments that I'll gladly even take marketing spam!