Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Women Are Irrational

 ... just a little bit of mess in the kitchen sends them over the edge.

Dig this.

No big deal, right? I mean, I needed to make shrimp stock, so I figured that I might was well buy head-on shrimp in the shell, shuck the little buggers and then cook the shells and the shrimp in water with onions, carrots and a few seasonings. I put the shelled shrimp in cheesecloth bag so I could pull them out when they were done and leave the shells and veggies to simmer for an hour or so. Genius, right?

I decided that meant I needed to eat the shrimp for dinner, so I pulled out my Paul Prudhomme cookbook and got his recipe for Remoulade Sauce. That needed Creole Mustard, which I didn't have, so I found a recipe for that, too. The above image is what your kitchen looks like after making Creole Mustard and then Remoulade Sauce. See below for the final results highlighted.

I did the markup on my phone just for fun. Meh. I much prefer Photoshop.

Anywho, wife kitteh is in Seattle right now, so I posed the top photo to the family chat group and wouldn't you know it, I got an "OMG!" from wife kitteh! Women! I'm telling you.

So now I've got the kitchen more or less cleaned up so wife kitteh doesn't go on the warpath when she comes home.

Me, I wouldn't have noticed if I walked in and saw the kitchen like this.

AI Update

I've been working on a different project lately which started trying to get ChatGPT to write javascript code for a simple game where pieces move across a grid. It started out fine, but the pieces had a tendency to disappear or do the wrong things. I took a totally hands-off approach, just to see what would happen. It would give me the code, I'd run it and report back to ChatGPT the results. It would correct one thing and break or forget another.

It was pretty impressive even though it didn't really understand what we were doing.

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

I saw this paper recently where they have apparently made a lot of progress with the AI art. They can actually specify a particular character, and have the AI actually remember who you are talking about and use the same character in multiple situations!

https://omriavrahami.com/the-chosen-one/

Progress!

Mostly Nothing said...

I used chatgpt to help me write an encrypted daemon service to let me manage both ends of my VPNs from inside or outside of the VPN. Had it start with python, and that helped me learn that language much better than my past attempts.

Been having a lot of trouble with the VPN when the external IP address of my son's network changes. I have monitors at both ends now, and as long as both external address don't change at the same time, it should work.

Maybe I'll have chatgpt help me re-write it in rust. I've stalled on learning it as well.

My son defends his master's thesis today.