Sunday, August 20, 2023

Are You A Racist Rhino?

You probably are. Almost everyone is these days. There are two simple tests to see if you're a racist rhino.

First, you are almost certainly racist. If you've ever read Dr. Seuss, enjoyed pumpkin spice anything, visited a national park or oppose massive reparations, you are a racist. The list of racist things is much more extensive, of course, but those ought to be enough to get you thrown into the racist category.

Second, if you don't support Trump in everything, you're a rhino. Of course, the MAGA crowd say RINO (Republican In Name Only), but it's my blog, not theirs and I get to write whatever I want.

What do I care what anyone thinks? After all, I'm a racist rhino.

Here, a MAGA supporter checks me out. Or it could be a member of the SPLC checking me out. I can't remember which.

The right and the left have huge, influential subgroups that are completely insane. I'd argue that the left has larger and more varied sets of lunatics, but the MAGADons are no less insane than the people who think men can turn into women and the ones who thought paper masks did anything at all against Covid.

Catching up on the "Down in Alabama" podcast, I came across this story.

Former Rep. Mo Brooks is “mildly surprised” that special counsel Jack Smith’s office has not sought a meeting with him to discuss his accusations that former President Donald Trump urged him to help “rescind” the 2020 election and “violate the U.S. Constitution and federal law.” 

Brooks, a Republican who represented an Alabama district in Congress, said in an interview that he would meet with prosecutors if they ask.

“Yeah, if they asked me to, I’d explain what I know about it. Whether it’s relevant or material, I’m not sure,” he said, continuing: “I was shocked [Trump] was so blatant about it — illegal conduct.”

Brooks previously said Trump had made requests to overturn the 2020 election as late as September 2021 — more than seven months after he left the White House. 

“Donald Trump wanted me to do four things: advocate rescinding the election, advocate physically removing Joe Biden from the White House, advocate reinstating Donald Trump as president of the United States and advocate a new special election for president of the United States — all of which violate the U.S. Constitution and federal law,” Brooks said. “And after I got done explaining that to him, he withdrew his endorsement and endorsed my opponent. So I’m mildly surprised none of these people have made inquiries about the details of this, but it is what it is.”

Mo Brooks is an Alabama Republican who served in the Congress. He was full MAGA until he thought Trump went too far and then he quietly backed out of that particular padded cell. As a reward, he became a RINO to the MAGA crowd.

Mo Brooks. A  RINO. Right. Mo's voting rating from the Heritage Foundation was a 94. That is, he voted like Attila the Hun 94% of the time. That's not enough. He could have a rating of 71 for all the Cult 45 members care, just so long as he supports Trump.

It's all insane, of course. You're a racist unless you approve of every act committed by every black person and you're a RINO unless you worship Trump.

We live in interesting times.

1 comment:

Ohioan@Heart said...

To answer your question: Based on your criteria, Yes.