Monday, March 21, 2022

Of Women And Tobacco

Tobacco first.

Every time I engage in one of my Dixie experiments, I leave the construction of my devices to the end. When I grew cotton, I didn't look into making a cotton gin until I had harvested the stuff. With my first try at tobacco, I didn't make my fermentation chamber until the tobacco was over-dried, hanging in my garage. This time, with my latest crop of tobacco, I'm going to build my fermentation chamber ahead of time and experiment with it.

My plan right now is to make a Plexiglas tobacco coffin. When real tobacco farmers ferment their leaves, they sometimes do it in big piles in a barn. They let it sit for 3 weeks and as it lays there in heaps, the leaves ferment, removing excess ammonia from the tobacco. Looking up the location of some of the biggest tobacco farms in the US, I found some just south of Charlotte, NC.

Charlotte's climate is much more humid than San Diego's, hence the need for the fermentation chamber. My chamber will try to replicate the weather in Charlotte. Weather Underground has a handy wayback machine which allows you to see the hourly data from any day in recent history at any of their thousands of sensor locations. Here's July 20, 2021. It was a glorious, Southern, 90-90 day. That is, the temperature was around 90 and the humidity was around 90%.

I'm going to pick 21 consecutive days out of July 2021, grab their data from Charlotte, and then use a heater, humidifier and hygrometer sensor to mimic it, hour by hour, in the coffin. Molding ruined our first experiment, so there will be a fan on a timer to blow fresh air through the chamber.

The next step is to learn how to construct the coffin. I've never built anything out of plexiglass, so I'm going to learn by constructing a test chamber which will allow me to see if I can set the temperature and humidity. It will be a simple box with a heater, humidifier and sensor. 

More posts as events unfold.

I've got 14 active cells in my seed tray. I'm hoping to be able to split some of these to get as many tobacco plants as possible out of them. Instead of planting them in my raised bed, I'm going to put them in containers and farm some of them out to friends and relatives, increasing my acreage.

On Women

I have to say, other than my own family tragedy unfolding in slow-motion horror, the whole trans thing is getting boring. Watching women get mauled in sporting events is now nothing more than slapstick comedy.

They Were Doomed From The Start

Way back when, for whatever reason, we began to define feminine success in masculine terms. Men and women are different in kind and have different strengths and weaknesses. As soon as we decided that a "successful" woman was a butt-kicking action hero, a beast of an athlete, a sexual libertine and a corner-office careerist, we set them on a path of competition they could never win. Women make second-rate men. Men, I am here to tell you as a veteran of single-dadism, make lousy women.

Richard Thomas mopping the bottom of the pool with the girls in their swim meets was perfectly predictable as soon as we stopped valuing the feminine and demanded that everyone become a man. What we're seeing now is our Ivy League geniuses stumbling to the same conclusion that any number of Kentucky hillbillies could have seen coming decades ago.

3 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

I’d bet you know about this place, but just in case…. The best place to buy plexiglass and cements for same in San Diego is :

EPlastics. Address: 5535 Ruffin Rd, San Diego, CA 92123

ligneus said...

This trans thing is so stupid it can't be genuine, it's another brick in the wall of the 'let's screw up Western civilisation' brigade's great reset.

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the heads up, Ohioan!