Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Marketing A Towing Company

 ... would be significantly more difficult if their customers spread the word that they were jerks.

Dig this from the Great Canadian Trucker Revolt:

This is in Alberta, on the US border. Here are more details.

The blockade, which has halted traffic through the busy U.S. border crossing in a protest of COVID-19 health measures, is in its fourth day.

Mounties moved to enforce the law Tuesday after negotiations broke down with protesters, who began the blockade Saturday. Some vehicles left the protest, but RCMP reported other protesters breached a police barrier to join the blockade, with two of those in tractors sporting Canadian flags racing down a ditch along the highway to join the demonstration.

“We (began) to remove some vehicles from the protest area. A few left. I didn’t get an exact count of how many went out. And then we received notification that additional protesters were arriving on the scene and came around our secured area,” RCMP Cpl. Curtis Peters told The Canadian Press.

If I'm a towing company in Alberta, I think I'm calling in sick this week. Either way I go, I'm going to tick off some big customers. If I side with the cops, truckers will be telling each other that I'm a scab and a rat. If I side with the truckers, the cops won't call on me to tow parking violators.

No matter which side the towing companies choose, this is a bad situation. Like the last scene in The Maltese Falcon, it calls for the most delicate judgment on both sides. Every increase in force by the cops may be met with an increase in force by the truckers. 

Bonus Information

Dig this.

After a massive 15 percentage point swing in the space of just two weeks and coinciding with the trucker revolt, the majority of Canadians now want all COVID rules to end.

A poll conducted by the Angus Reid Institute found that 54 per cent of Canadians agree “it’s time to end restrictions,” with the “strongly agree” category of answer rising by 11 points in just a fortnight.

Political leaders being what they are, I suspect the location of their best interests, to use the turn of phrase from the video above, are becoming significantly clearer. If I were on Justin Trudeau's payroll, I'd be working on my resume right now.

No comments: