Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Score One For Milo

I'm not a big fan of Milo Yiannopoulos. He's the gay, conservative commentator whose over-the-top style reminds me of Liberace. I find him occasionally funny, but intolerable in large doses. I never finished his most recent book.

I heard him interviewed by Jordan Peterson recently. It was an interesting hour, but at one point, Milo said that the Internet shunning that happened to him was coming for all conservatives. I thought this was just one more Milo Moment where his massive ego grabbed hold of his brain and made everything about him.

If you didn't know, Milo lost all of his gigs and position when he came out and talked about how he turned gay when a priest abused him while he was under age. He said he went along with the abuse and found that he liked it. He also said that many gay men get their start that way. True or not, it's something you are not allowed to say and he lost it all.

Anywho, I thought it was all Milo ego until right wing comedian Steven Crowder was demonetized by YouTube yesterday. I'm not a huge Crowder fan, but only because his comedy is too diluted. If he crafted a single 60-minute stand up act every year or so, I think he'd be hilarious. His regular YouTube show is too long for the material he has. In any case, he's objectionable on the order of George Carlin.

Maybe Milo was right. Maybe the progressives are just working their way down the list. Steven Crowder is no Milo and I never thought he'd be banned, but now he has been. Here's his take on the matter and it sounds just like Milo.

And if you want to see Crowder at his best, dig this video. If you can watch it without laughing out loud multiple times, you're a better person than I am.

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

Milo ain't dumb.

I do think he's wrong, though-- because before it gets to "all," the system will break.

I don't want it to break. I want things to get better. Working on that.....