Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Beta Males And Alpha Whiners

... are not the complete range of males in America. There is a third category which I call "men."

I followed a link to another to another and ended up at a couple of sites which cater to guys who call themselves alpha males, but who are simply whiny little boys. The memes they post cry about how women hurt them or don't respect them or play games. They also beat their chests about how they get more chicks than the feminist boys who cater to demanding women.

What toads. I laughed for a bit at things like this


but by the time I'd seen a dozen of them, I just wanted to leave. Which I did.

I get the memes. Where I work we have a women's group which meets regularly to help women improve their careers and a corporate effort to encourage girls to grow up and get high-tech jobs. That's lovely, but it's telling that they have no interest in breaking the glass ceilings in the lucrative and fast-paced world of landscape maintenance. That industry is all-male as far as I can tell. I guess that's next on their list after they get enough women in STEM. I'm sure that quite soon, I'll be seeing meeting announcements where the topic will be how more of our daughters ought to be shoving lawnmowers around hillsides in Mississippi in July.

Right.

But so what? Yeah, it's annoying and yeah, most of it is hogwash, but how much time do you want to spend on it? The activists on both sides who immerse themselves in it have defined their lives by it. Why do we need to do that?

The thing that really got to me after reading a couple of "alpha male" sites was what a pack of whiners they were. "Ooh, some girls are trying to manipulate me! Wah, some girls are dishonest!" Geeze, dudes, put your big boy undies on and get a grip. There have been swine from both sexes forever. It's not that hard to find places where decent people associate with each other. Of course, that puts a requirement on you to be decent, so maybe that's too much to ask.

Anyway, when you backed up from what they were saying, I wasn't sure if I could tell the difference between an alpha-male scorehound who built his world view around whining and beta males who were doing the same thing, just with a different angle.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

There is a third category which I call "men."

/cheer

Of course, that puts a requirement on you to be decent, so maybe that's too much to ask.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

A LOT of the guys seem to be pissed that there aren't women they find extremely attractive who are just dying to be their eternal roomie playmate.

The concept that just possibly, women don't especially want to be that roommate who does all laundry, cleaning and cooking that goes beyond what their roomie wants to live with, and "gets" to have sex with the roommate when he wants it, is Not Fair.

I wish I was being excessive about what some of these guys think "marriage" is....

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

I've seen some of those guys online. To me, it didn't read so much whiny as it did bitter. I think most of 'em got burned/divorced/dumped.