Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Photoshop Ups And Downs

So our Maximum Leader likes to sleep on one of our couches. She's a prodigious shedder, so my wife has put out a sheet for her to lie on. It's green. A perfect green to use as a green screen for masking out everything but cat.

Maddi on green.
I know how to use the magic wand tool to select by color, but once I've got my selection, I've forgotten how to do masks. I didn't have time to learn that today, so I'm frustrated because I couldn't work my magic.

I did, however, learn how to use Photoshop to do some higher quality video restoration. Adobe Media Encoder allows you to convert videos to jpg sequences which you can then batch edit in Photoshop. You import one image, make your changes and save them as an action and then run  that action as a batch file on your directory of video frames. It works like a champ.

Ah, the highs and lows of a crazed blogger.

No comments: