Thursday, May 09, 2013

Mistakes Are Easy To Spot

... when they are this obvious.

A while back, we planted our raised bed gardens. Included in the mix were basil (small circle) and tomatoes (large circle). At the time of planting, the tomato was only about twice the size of the basil. Last year, our basil got huge. For a basil. This year, I thought it would be interesting to do a time-lapse photography project and regularly take pictures of it as it grew. I could then use Adobe Premier to create a cool video of the little guy growing.

Only he didn't grow. A month later, Mr. Basil is sitting there, staring at me. Meanwhile, Mr. Tomato is the size of a Mack truck. D'oh!

I should have done the time-lapse with the tomato! It would have been a lot more colorful, too as the fruit came out and ripened. Oh well. I'll do the tomato time-lapse next year.

Hindsight is 20/20.

No comments: