Saturday, May 25, 2013

20 Life Lessons From Kareem

I thought this was a great article - 20 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Was 30 by Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Here's my favorite.
6. Get handy. I always wanted to be one of those guys who, whenever something doesn’t work, straps on a tool belt and says, “I’ll fix it.” I like the Walden-esque idea of complete self-reliance. Build my own house, clean out the carburetors, find out what carburetors are. Recently my washing machine broke and flooded my entire downstairs. I was forced to stand idly by waiting for a plumber to arrive while water rose around my ankles because I didn’t know how to shut off the water. That’s the kind of experience that makes you have your testosterone levels checked.
I loved it. You ought to read the whole thing.

No comments: