Friday, March 04, 2011

Tim Curry Reads "Journey to the Center of the Earth"

... to be found over at audible.com. You can hear the first chapter for free.

Yesterday morning I got an email from Audible announcing the release of Jules Verne's classic novel read by the wonderfully talented Mr. Curry. I'm certain I didn't even bothered to finish reading the entire email before I'd spent one of my Audible credits to buy the thing. In a twinkling, it was being downloaded to my Droid 2 and I spent my drive time yesterday listening to one of my favorite actors read one of my favorite authors. Sublime!

Oblique to the theme, my son is a big fan of the TV series Psych. He turned me on to a particular episode where Tim Curry plays a judge on a TV talent show who is getting death threats. Tim's character is an even more flamboyantly obnoxious version of Simon from American Idol and the results are hilarious. Here are a few, inadequate snippets.


"This car makes me want to weep and then die." LOL!

3 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

I love the line about the compfy robe.

India Travel Guide said...

I will bookmark this page and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else.

Mostly Nothing said...

I want that robe!